Chto Delat Emergency Project Room
makes open call for the next masters of Mad Tea Parties
After inspiring encounters of the first 6 ceremonies – thanks so much to our masters: ILYICH, Gluklya, Henrik Meyer, Alice Creischer, Konstanze Schmitt, Krёlex zentre and all participants we have decided that, in such a city as Berlin, there are definitely more amazing people who might share our obsession with emergencies and absurdity of our time. So, we are looking for an informal proposal from those who are open to such a risky adventure.
Here you can find a general introduction to our vision of Mad Tea Parties:
What we provide:
- Modest fee of 250 euros plus basic production costs (like prints, transport, costs of serving table and other things).
- The intimate and spectacular space in Berlin Mitte with a long table and all facilities for Tea Party.
- Information and documentation support.
- Application from outside Berlin are negotiatable if the travel costs are low or covered by third side
What are the limitations of our protocol
- The Mad Tea Party is strictly limited to 10 participants, who are chosen in a performative lottery (see some examples at our FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1644026146025744).
- Mad Tea Party must be around (and about) any situation of emergency which should be personally related.
- The narrative of the ceremony must involve participants through the dice.
- The ceremony could be realized in any language which its master chooses.
The application procedure:
- You should deliver a short informal idea of your Mad Tea Party (please read the score of Alice in Wonderland from time to time when you do it).
- You should mention the dates when you are able to perform. At the moment we accept any dates after mid-May.
- There are no deadlines for the applications – feel free to contact us when you want to discuss your idea.
Please write at email@example.com
Subject: master of ceremony application
Disclaimer: we are not ready to discuss any applications which we consider that they do not match our protocol and simply not inspire our collective. Sorry.